Estd. 2014 // Brewery + Taproom + Beat Lounge
Craft Beer for the Masses
1763 Alcatraz Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94703
Open for indoor and outdoor drinking.
- Monday 4pm-11pm
- Tuesday 2pm-12am
- Wednesday 2pm-12am
- Thursday 2pm-12am
- Friday 2pm-1am
- Saturday 1pm-1am
- Sunday 1pm-10pm
A neighborhood gathering space where everyone can enjoy quality locally brewed craft beer and chill beats.
Hoi Polloi (noun): the many, the masses, the common people.
Hoi Polloi Brewing Taproom and Beat Lounge is located in the Lorin District of South Berkeley, CA. Our beers are brewed on our off-site 7 barrel brewery located in Oakland, CA. This allows us to produce a variety of beers that (we hope!) will be enjoyed by a wide audience. We also host a carefully curated and rotating selection of wine and ciders.
Come in, say hello, and sit for a session. We’ve been waiting to meet you.
Now on Tap
16oz cans, 4-Packs of 16oz cans, & bottles of wine available for pickup and/or delivery.
Hoi Polloi Brewing Craft Beer & Hard Seltzer
- HP Lite Rice Ale 4.1% ABV / 20 IBU
- Pride 23' Pale Ale 5.2% ABV / 35 IBU
Chinook, Strata, Nelson Hops
- Adelineplatz Bavarian-style Hefeweizen 5.6% ABV / 10 IBU
- These Are The Breaks Oatmeal Stout 6.1% ABV / 30 IBU
- Check The Technics West Coast IPA 6.5% ABV / 55 IBU
Chinook, Mosaic, Idaho 7 Hops
- I'm In Motion Hazy IPA 6.9% ABV / 7 IBU
- International Women's Day Double IPA 8.4% ABV / 65 IBU
Chinook, Citra, Centennial, Amarillo
- The Running Man Tripel 9.2% ABV / 30 IBU
- Van The Automator Doppelbock 9.5% ABV / 20 IBU
German-style Doppelbock (dark lager)
- Simply Hard Seltzer 6.1% ABV
- Lychee Hard Seltzer 6.1% ABV
Hard Apple Cider
- Hidden Star Cherry Seinfeld Hard Apple Cider 6.1% ABV
- Blindwood Dry Hard Apple Cider 6.9% ABV
Wine by the Glass
- 2020 Alfaro Family Estates Chardonnay, Santa Cruz Mountains (white) 13.5% ABV
- 2021 The Whole Shebang Fourteenth Cuvee, Napa County (red blend) 14.2% ABV