A neighborhood gathering space where everyone can enjoy quality locally brewed craft beer and chill beats.
Hoi Polloi (noun): the many, the masses, the common people.
Hoi Polloi Brewing Taproom and Beat Lounge is located in the Lorin District of South Berkeley, CA. Our beers are brewed on our off-site 7 barrel brewery located in Oakland, CA. This allows us to produce a variety of beers that (we hope!) will be enjoyed by a wide audience. We also host a carefully curated and rotating selection of wine and ciders.
Come in, say hello, and sit for a session. We’ve been waiting to meet you.
Now on Tap
16oz cans, 4-Packs of 16oz cans, & bottles of wine available for pickup and/or delivery.
Hoi Polloi Brewing Craft Beer & Hard Seltzer
- Gobsmacked English-style Porter 4.5% ABV / 20 IBU
- I'm In Motion Hazy IPA 6.8% ABV
- SMDH Pale Ale 5.2% ABV / 35 IBU
Hops: Chinook, Mosaic, Citra, Strata
- Hoi Polloi Belgian-style Abbey Ale 8.0% ABV / 20 IBU
Hops: Styrian Goldings
- Defender Adachi West Coast IPA 6.5% ABV / 49 IBU
HOPS: Chinook, Simcoe, Citra
- Simply Hard Seltzer 6.1% ABV
- Doomsday Sour Ale 5.0% ABV
Hard Apple Cider
- Blindwood Dry Apple Cider 6.9% ABV
- Blindwood Ginger Peppercorn Apple Cider 5.8% ABV
- Hidden Star Cherry Seinfeld Hard Apple Cider 6.1% ABV
- Horse & Plow Farmhouse Cider 750ml Bottle 8.0% ABV
Wine by the Glass
- 2020 Alfaro Family Vineyard Estate Chardonnay (white) 13.5% ABV
- 2021 The Whole Shebang Fourteenth Cuvee (red blend) 14.2% ABV
Wine by the Bottle
- Red 14.5% ABV
2020 Bedrock Wine California Syrah, Sonoma
- White 13.4% ABV
2021 Horse & Plow Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County